Well we have been having a very moderate winter here in Oklahoma but somehow the weather gods have the uncanny ability to sense when otto/mike is gone and send an ice storm. Never fails. We have been here three years and had about 7-10 ice/ snow storms and mike has not been home for one of them. So Ellie and I had a very eventful morning- of course, I noticed there was no dog food left just as the freezing rain is hitting. So I run out to get dog food with baby in tow and come home ready to salt the driveway so that I can still get the car out later when I take Ellie to the dr (more on that later) only to discover that we have no salt- of course. So I feed ellie and run back out to the store for salt- picture it, I am lugging ellie in her car seat while trying to car two 20 pound bags of salt without slipping on the sidewalk- fun times. I decided that since I was already out I should call the dr to see if he had an earlier appointment- and wouldn't you know- he did- yeah something was going to go right. Now you may be wondering why I was taking Ellie to the dr. She has had a cold for weeks now and it only seems to be getting worse so I have convinced myself there must be a greater problem. Because of the impending bad weather I decided I had to get to the dr today so that we would not get trapped in the house just as ellie's sickness got worse. So I lug my snot nosed baby out into the freezing rain only to be told by the dr that she is perfectly healthy except for the cold but unfortunately that just needs to run its course. I felt like such an idiot and over protective mother- I should have known she was fine when the dr was using the stethescope on her and she was grinning from ear to ear at him. I am going completely insane!!!!
We finally got home and are staying put until this weather passes. I am not a fan of ice at ALL and can't wait to salt the driveway tomorrow morning to try and get to work- so sad mike gets to miss all this fun (I am sure you can hear the sarcasm in this message) Hope everyone is having better weather than we are.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome Family and Friends!
With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!
Bless you!!!! I hope the ice doesn't get bad and misses y'all all together. You hang in there!!!!
ReplyDelete