Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years and Ellie's Baptism

Ok Ok sorry for the delay- we had a very exciting beginnging to 2009. Ellie was baptized and both our families were in town to celebrate. it meant so much to Mike and I that our families would travel so far to be with us for Ellie's big day. We had such a great visit which including playing our new Wii fit- the hula hoop game provided plenty of laughs and I was relieved to have a doctor in the house just in case anyone got to into the competition. We also went snowtubing in Oklahoma City and I am not sure whether the kids or adults enjoyed this activiity more - maw maw betsy went down the slopes 5 times. Finally we had the baptism and Ellie was an absolute angel which I believe was divine intervention. She screamed when the priest poured the water over her head but in her defense she had been sound asleep before this happened. She recovered once the priest held her up to introduce her to the whole congregation. She was so excited about her baptism that at the end of the mass she blessed us all with a huge blowout- classic! It was such a wonderful visit and I am very optimistic about 2009 as it is off to a great start.
I will provide pics to further show how much fun we had- enjoy.

The Godparents and Parents- Ellie is so lucky to have such wonderful role models as her Aunt Jennfier and Uncle Jack


Me and My sisters and Ellie- good looking bunch.



Gramma Reese and Ellie- adorable.


Mike on the Snowtubing- again- I think the adults had more fun than the kids.


Mike and I on our anniversary with Ellie- so many wonderful things have happened in our short three years of marriage- Ellie being the most wonderful of course.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!