Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ellis's birthday, first dance class and other fun August events

Once again I have gotten behind in posting but sometimes making memories is more important than documenting them (or at least that is what I tell myself since I have not even started making a baby book for tripp- bad mommy). We have been having so much fun for the last couple weeks so I have not gotten a chance to sit down and share.

First, my sister and two neices came to visit in Oklahoma. it was so great to see ellie and tripp with their cousins and be able to go shopping with my sister- I wish so badly we all lived closer but for now we will just have to make every minute of our visits and skype ( what did people do before computers). eventhough we all got a stomach bug as a result of the visit I still think it was worth it not sure jenn would agree since it was her child that got sick on an airplane.

next we went to michigan our heaven on earth and it was perfect as always (minus the day I had the stomach bug) the weather was perfect and ellie and tripp both instantly took the beach and water- tripp had no fear which is not really a surprised since the only thing he seems to be scared of is eating what mommy gives him- he is all boy. it was so fun to be with gramma, granpop, emmie, bryan and all our family and we had a special treat because mike's bushia- ellie and tripp's great grandma was in town at the same time. we had a family party for ellie and she just ate up the attention- it was once again the perfect vacation and we look forward tot he day we can stay longer.

when we returned we celebrated ellie's 3rd birthday- not sure where the time has gone- she is no longer a baby and is definitley becoming a big girl- attitude and all. but mostly she is sweet and a loving big sister and although she has her moments I would not trade her for anything. As you can see from the pics she started her first ballet/tap class and loved every minute of it. When I asked if she wanted to take dance her response was and I quote "yes mommy, I want to be on stage" this girl was born to be a star or at least the center of attention! I wish I could tape her classes as I know it is memories I will never get back- she is so adorable and follows directions incredibly plus she is so tiny- I never realize how small she is for her age until I see her around other girls her age- she was about a head shorter than everyone but you would never know it as in my opinion (and I am not biased) she stole the show.

next week she starts preschool and we are both so excited. my best friend mary kay is one of her teachers and it is just such a blessing to know that for her first class she will have someone there who already knows and loves her- not to mention that marykay is one of the best people I know and I am positive will be a wonderful influence on ellie. I promise to post pics sooner

On a final note, as I write this blog and post these pics I am once again reminded how incredibly blessed my family is. We are all healthy and happy and my children are angels on earth. It seems so amazing and unreal when I know there are others who are suffering so much. Last week my best friend April lost her brother in law in a tragic boat accident. It is her husband's brother and best friend and he is the father of three small children. it is just so heart breaking to imagine a family suffering such a loss and I just ask that you all keep the Shafer family in your prayers. And I pray that we all can stay safe and protected and know that God is with us in good times and bad and that no matter what we are faced with he will give us the strength to survive.

We love you all!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!