Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where Have we Been???

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Congrats to Auburn for Winning the National Championship- Phew it has been a crazy couple of weeks.

We started the holidays by heading to clearwater florida where we celebrated Tripp's baptism- all of mike and I's families (minus uncle jack, megs and ellen claire who were all greatly missed) were in attendance at the baptism and it meant so much to us that there were so many people who loved our little tripp there- there is just something about Otto III that is irresistable- ha ha. After the baptism mike's parents graciously hosted everyone (over 40 people) at their house for a little party and it was so wonderful to catch up with so many relatives that we had not seen in so long.

That monday we headed to Disney with the Szurgots (my sister's family) and my parents. I thought Ellie's head was going to explode- there really is no great experience than seeing disneyworld through the eyes of your toddler. She was not the biggest daredevil when it came to rides and hated the 3d at mickey's philhermagic- but overall it was a great (but exhausting) day. Grace, Connor and Claire were so sweet to ride all the little kid rides with Ellie and wait to do what she could not participate in until we were gone as they were staying for the whole week.

We spent the rest of hte week in Clearwater and flew home to Oklahoma on Christmas Day which was a very relaxing travel day as the airports were not very crowded at all. we had a wonderful christmas and were so happy to be able to see both of our families- it is definitely too long before we see them again.

For new years we had a great friends the allens' over- they have two little girls- amanda and bethany who are as cute and sweet as my little Ellie which is saying alot ( ha ha)- the girls are really starting to play together and it was so fun to see them interact. in the military you meet lots of people and develop many friendships but there are few that you know will be in your life forever no matter where you travel too- I can say without a doubt that the allens are those friends and we are just so happy that they are still in oklahoma and we get this time together.

Finally mike went to the national championship game in glendale to cheer our AUburn tigers on to victory- although i wish I could have gone I am so happy he got that experience with all of his college friends. I have decided that the top four moments of mike's life (in no particular order) were our wedding, the birth of our children and attending the national championship game- at least I made it to 3 of the 4!!!! War Eagle

Hope everyone is doing well- I returned to work on Jan 3 and am loving my new job. we are still in the process of finding a permanent nanny but I know god will bring us the right person. Here is a great 2011!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!