Monday, January 3, 2011

My Sweet Angel

I know I have not posted pictures in a long time and I have every intention of doing so but it has been a crazy couple weeks with the holidays and getting ready to go back to work. That's right- today after 6 months off of work with my sweet angel tripp I went back to work at a new job- it was a great day and I was surprised at how much I love my new office. We have a nanny staying with the kids and it is so far proven to be a great choice.

The reason for my post though is to share the sweetest story I have about my other angel- Ellie. Ellie is in the throws of the terrible twos and often can be very dramatic and headstrong. But at the same time I have no doubt that she is also the sweetest most loving two year old girl around- as an example, this morning I was getting ready for my first day of work in a long time and I was just trying to hold it together so that I did not tear up in front of the kids or the new nanny. As I am getting ready, tripp starts to get fussy. I ask ellie to talk to her brother while I finish getting dressed. My sweet caring little girl walks right over to tripp and puts her arm around him and says "Its ok buddy, mommy always come home, she goes to work but we get to play all day, don't be scared buddy, its ok"- Ellie speaks very well for her age and no lie she came up with this whole pep talk for Tripp completely unprompted- it was almost as if God was speaking thru my little angel to me telling me exactly what I needed to hear at that moment- that my babies would be ok, that we would all be together at the end of the day, and that it was ok because this is what I need to do and my kids would always understand that- I was so thankful for that moment and I did not even cry when I left- and luckily neither did my babies.

tomorrow is another day and I am optimistic it will be as good as today- god willing!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!