On Friday I took ellie to buy an easter dress as they do not sell smocked dresses in the Northeast- we also loaded up on hairbows another essential for a southern baby. My best friend Nancy has the cutest store in Auburn and it was so fun to be able to finally shop there for my little princess. We had a great mommy/daughter day exploring auburn, eating pizza at mellow mushroom, playing on the sidewalk in front of Samford Hall and having mexican food at mommy's favorite- laredos. I think Ellie already loves Auburn and she has not even seen it during football season.
Saturday was the shower and it was a little exhausting as Ellie was on the go the whole time- by this point I was really missing having another set of hands and my pregnant self was have a hard time keeping up. But it was such a joy seeing all my auburn friends and watching ellie play with their daughters - they were instant friends! My friend April has a little girl Vivienne who is three months older than Ellie- the two of them were cracking each other up the whole night and was probably one of the highlights of my trips. I feel so blessed to have the girlfriends I have from Auburn and to watch our daughters (and soon to be little boy) grow up together is such a joy- our lives sure have changed from the days when we were dancing front row to now watching our kids dance to the wiggles. We have replaced wine bottles with formula bottles and I feel safe saying on behalf of all of us that we would not have it any other way.
Once again our flight was delayed on the way home and both Ellie and I had had at this point. Ellie actually cheered when the plane landed and pulled into the gate- it was hilarious. We were exhausted by the time we got home but it was totally worth it and we are recovered already.
I can not wait til the day we can move back to the south for good- but for now these trips will have to suffice. Ellie can easily say Auburn now and we are working on War Eagle- by the fall I am confident she will be singing the fight song. I know someday she will love the loveliest village on the plains just as her daddy and I do- WAR EAGLE!
Ellie running around Auburn Campus holding her auburn teddy bear- any doubt where she will go to school?
Dalton and Nancy- just one of ellie's many future best friends
running around- funny to think that in 17 years she will be walking around these same sidewalks!


Caroline and Lindsay- what a cutie!
Future AOPi sisters- already gossiping about the days events
The Auburn Girls!
Ellie and Vivienne- making each other laugh hysterically just like their mommies laugh together
Best friends

Clapping in excitement- I wish we lived closer!
Dalton and Nancy- just one of ellie's many future best friends

Caroline and Lindsay- what a cutie!
Future AOPi sisters- already gossiping about the days events
The Auburn Girls!
Ellie and Vivienne- making each other laugh hysterically just like their mommies laugh together
Best friendsClapping in excitement- I wish we lived closer!
No comments:
Post a Comment