I meant to post this yesterday but forgot. Ellie had her 18 month check up and to sum it up the doctor said, and I quote, "not all of us are meant to be basketball players!" She is still such a little peanut but I truly believe the best things come in small packages. She is 2% for weight; 7% for height and 85% for head- that is one big brain- so she is destined to be tiny and very smart. I know who she got the smarts from (me of course- ha ha) but not sure where this super tiny figure comes from- glad she was blessed with it though and a little jealous especially as my figure just expands more and more with this second baby. I think she is perfect in every way and it was nice to hear confirmation of that from the dr- he said she was healthy as a ox! We are so blessed and I pray everyday that our second baby is as healthy and wonderful as ellie which I know he or she will be.
On that note, I want to use this post to send a prayer for all those babies/kids who are not as healthy as my angel and their parents who have to be a constant source of strength. In her job, my mom has heard numerous stories and seen several families who have had to suffer watching their child be sick- there is one family currently with a little girl named Gabrielle- she is 10 and has a tumor which is wrapped around her organs. She has been through years of treatment, chemo, etc to try and defeat this tumor and has had numerous ups and downs but the truly inspirational part is the faith her and her family exhibit. They have a post on caring bridge and to read their blogs it is as if God is speaking thru them. This little girl's faith never falters and when she is her sickest she can be found praying or sining songs to God. It is inspirational and reminds us how trivial our little day to day struggles of tantrums, bills, work frustrations etc. really are. I pray that we are never faced with such a cross to bear as I can not imagine any greater pain than watching your baby suffer. For all of you who have had to bear such a burden in your life, I offer my prayers and thoughts that your baby is well and your faith is strong. And I pray that all our babies and families remain healthy and thank God for the family he has blessed me with - it is a miracle.
She sounds like a perfect little size to me Amy!! Hayes is around those same stats for her age too. Love your Auburn pics-looks like such a fun time and so happy Ellie loved her first trip to the plains!
ReplyDelete