Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Big Developments and Poop

Hey All- no pics this post which means - sorry to disappoint but life has been hectic at the Piedmont house. I have been overwhelmed with work and as my friend told me today the "second shift" which is the work I have to attend to once I get home. This last deployment was pretty tough as I was drained before I even got home and you can't really tell an 8 month old to bathe herself because mommy is tired- ha ha. Otto/Mike finally got home on Thursday- in typical Tacamo fashion he was supposed to get home on Wednesday but of course the plane broke and he was delayed. I would not have imagined any less for our last deployment. But he is home safe and that is what is most important and now we can start living like real families do and not worrying about the next time he will leave.

As for Ellie news- she has her first tooth. I believe the second is close behind as she has been fussy and had some poop issues (sorry for the sensitive stomachs out there) It is amazing how comfortable you get about discussing poop once you have a baby. I feel like every conversation I have comes back to poop. Ellie's stomach was upset last week which I believe is associated with the teething even though the on call nurse practically ripped my head off when I suggested that. Anyways, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the on call nurse discussing ellie's poop and whether there was a chance she was internally bleeding- her words not mine. Let's just say the nurse left something to be desired in the way of dealing with overly worried/ paranoid new parents. Following this lovely conversation, I called ellie's daycare and literally left the following message "this is ellie's mommy, could you please call me back as I would like to discuss her diapers further" embarassing. I was actually upset that the daycare lady had not kept her dirty diaper so that I could examine the poop. The whole night I was hoping ellie would poop so I could it examine it per the nurse's instructions (again she was a real winner). Of course this all happened the night mike was supposed to be home but got delayed- one final kick the you know what before our deployments ended. Needless to say ellie is not bleeding internally- phew- and I still believe it is somewhat related to the tooth- anyday now when the second tooth pops through I will secretly curse the terrible nurse who had me panicked that my child was bleeding internally.

I also in the last week have convinced myself that Ellie has a serious rash which needs to be examined- this all comes from looking at pictures on the internet which i have decided that medical websites are a new mom's crack- I have become so addicted searching everything from diaper rash to tylenol overdosing (I got worried after giving her some tylenol for the teething). Being a new mom can make you crazy, but it is so worth it and I love every minute of it even the times I am obsessing!!! I am starting to feel so guilty for all the things I made my mom and dad worry about. I know some day these little poop worries will turn into much bigger dangerous stressors like ellie wanting to drive- AGH! so for now I will keep searching the internet and calling bad on call nurses and enjoying my little worries because I would not want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!