Sunday, December 21, 2008

Welcome Bloggers

Hello All
After repeated requests from family and friends for more pics of Ellie and updates, I have decided to start a blog to keep you all posted on the happenings in our family. Many of you are probably asking yourself- wait, I thought the Piedmonts already had a blog- this is a true statement as Mike/Otto started a blog on his Mac computer. However, due to the ever increasing demands in defending this great nation, he has fallen behind on keeping you all posted so I am taking the reins and adding it to my list of ever increasing mommy duties.

A point of clarification before we get started. I will often refer to my husband as mike/otto, otto, mike, piedy, pain in the rear end, etc., etc. - you get the idea. The confusion over mike/otto's name comes from the fact that he suffers from split personality disorder- I kid, I kid. When I first met mike/otto, he was known as Piedy- short for Piedmont and this was his Rugby name at Auburn. As he matured around his 8th year in college, he started going by Mike. Finally, when he joined the military, the drill sergant called him by his birth name- Otto- fearing that he would be given more push ups should he try and correct the officer- Otto stuck. Thus, his college friends and family call him Mike and his military friends call him Otto- oh the things I put up with for this man- good thing he is the best husband I could ever ask for and ridiculous good looking or I may just leave- ha ha. So when I refer to otto I mean mike and when I refer to Mike I mean otto- hope that clears it all up.

Ok, I must go feed the baby now- I look forward to sharing many funny stories with you all in the near future- this is sure to be fun for all. Love Amy

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Blogger! I'll be checking in often until you move up "north!" Elena

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!