At Ellie's 4 month appointment, the Dr told us she was ready to start solid foods- this again is another highly debated topic whether babies should start solid foods before 6 months since breast milk provides all the nutrients they need but we decided to start introducing rice cereal per the dr's orders since our little one could stand to bulk up. I still am in shock that mike and I have such a tiny baby- she has just now broken the 10 pound mark and just started wearing 0-3 month clothes even though she is almost 5 months- petite piedmont is not really a phrase you hear often.
Anyways, I never thought watching a baby eat white paste/ rice cereal could be so entertaining. I also never imagined the lengths mike and I would go to try and get her to open her mouth to eat- I swear if standing on our heads juggling achieved this goal, we would do it. I can't blame the little one for not being too excited since rice cereal is about the most disgusting consistency and tends to smell like vomit- whoever decided this was the best way to get babies excited about solid foods must have had a very weird taste palate. But Ellie has taken to it quite well and have posted some pics below since I know that is the real reason most people check this blog- Enjoy!
look! i'm reading! ellie will be scarfing down the solid food before you know it! paige now prefers the solid to her bottles, which is kind of a pain since she still needs the nutrients from formula. oh well, you roll with it. hope y'all had a great first christmas!
ReplyDelete