Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Military Child's Prayer

I have been pretty bad about keeping up with the blog and even worse of using it for my original purpose of trying to capture and document all the cute moments (or at least some of them) of my kids. I know most of you only visit for the pictures so I am hesitant to post when I am at work and all you will receive are my words instead of the pics of the most precious kids on the planet. But I determined to get better at documenting these moments as I know one day I will miss them so here it goes.

The other night Ellie and I were saying her prayers- she usually fights saying her prayers as it is associated with going to bed and she fights anything associated with going to sleep. Mike had just left to go out of town again so it was just me and the kiddos. After saying our prayer and mommy saying what she prayed for Ellie simply said "Dear God, I pray that my daddy does not have to leave again" oh sweet child if it was only that easy- she has continued to pray the same prayer every night- breaks your hear but as one friend pointed out it also makes me so happy that I married such a wonderful husband and father that his kids miss him so much while he is gone and treasure the moments he is home.

ok- that is it for now- I know I had another cute thing to write about but I have forgotten- see why it is so important for me to start documenting this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!