Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brimley, Birthday and the Big Move

Hi all- it took me awhile to get the blog updated as we have had some very busy and exciting weeks here at the Piedmont house. We went to brimley michigan for two weeks to visit hte most peaceful and beautiful place on earth with mike's family. we had the best time - the weather was a little cold at first but became gorgeous by the end of the week. Ellie absolutley loved the beach/ sand. I was for sure she was going to hate it but she had no problem and even didn't mind when she shoved her sandy hand in her mouth- she is so advanced- ha ha. We celebrated Ellie's first birthday up there as you can see by the pics- she was adorable in her tutu and had the best birthday a little one can have. I can not believe it has already been a year- time goes so fast and she seems to just get cuter and more lovable by the day which I did not even think was possible. She is not walking yet but close. she says mama, dada and knows many many signs. We have a smart one!
We also got big news when we returned home- Otto/ MIke has been selected to go to the Navy War College in Newport Rhode Island. We move October 19- leave it to the navy to give us tons of notice. we are a little overwhelmed but so exctied for the big move. I have alot of family in the area and can not wait to show off ellie mac. It is going to be such an incredible experience and I am so proud of Mike. It will be a cold winter but worth it.
So like I said a couple busy weeks with a few more to follow but they have been fun times nonetheless. I will keep you posted on all our moving details and I know newport is a more appealing place to visit and our door is always open.

PS- sorry the pics are out of order- still cute whatever order they come in.

Ellie playing with her gift from mim and paw paw pete First swim in Lake SUperior- she loves the water
Daddy and Ellie







Ellie and her new friend Nellie- she climbed right in the cage with the dog- hilarious



Happy Birthday- she was not too sure about her cake but loved when we sang happy birthday- so much we sang it three times! can you say spoiled???





















So cute in her tutu


















She can waive hi and bye bye and say the words too- so cute.











Ellie and her cha cha rose











































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Family and Friends!

With addition of our precious angel, I figured it was time to start a blog so that everyone could be blessed with updates on her many developments and pictures of our adorable baby. All this plus my witty insights - who could ask for anything more from a blog. Enjoy!